Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Friday, November 26, 2004

Gobble gobble

Happy belated Thanksgiving! Hope y'all had a good and tasty one. Mine started with the alarm clock ringing at 3:15 a.m. and leaving the apartment an hour later for the airport. Checking my bags in wasn't a problem, but I thought the fact that my name was printed incorrectly on my boarding pass--and therefore didn't exactly match my driver's license--was. But it wasn't. Which makes you wonder how effective TSA is. We boarded the flight on time, but sat on the tarmac for another hour, because...we had no pilot. So they called another one and we sat some more while he made his way to and through the airport.

Once I got home, I was off and running. We had pies to make, green beans to blanch, stuffing to mix and bake, a turkey to disassemble and roast (we decided to forego the whole bird this year--blasphemy, I know--so I requested that my family buy two large turkey breasts...and I got a 19-pound turkey), root vegetables to glaze, aaand naps to take. But it all turned out delicious!

Today was funnier. I talked to mom this morning about wedding dress designs and mentioned that I don't want a strapless dress. My mom acknowledged by saying, "Okay, no topless dresses." The entire resultant conversation was peppered with comments about "topless" dresses...it was hard to contain my giggles.

And the best part of today? My mom finally noticed my tongue ring...AFTER FOUR YEARS! Of course, she asked me how I could do something like that, and I just laughed and mumbled, "It's been four years...how's your wonton noodle soup?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home