Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Thursday, July 01, 2004

A loyal reader gently brought it to my attention that I don't post nearly often enough to allow her to fully flex her procrastination muscles. What, like she doesn't have the fuckin' environment to save, or something?! Hi Mae!

Nothing much has been happening around here. On Tuesday, Hannah came over and we made pizza! My cooking obsessions come in waves. For a while, it was rice-based dishes from around the world, then seafood stews, and then there was the fascination with single-servings of anything: individual chicken pot pies and creme brulee. That last one saddled me with 15 small ramekins (which, goddammit! are sooo different from bowls!). The latest has been homemade bread, and I'm not talking about those silly bread machine shortcuts. Nope, I'm talking hand-mixing, proofing, yeasty smells, flour on the floor, flour on the cat (just for laughs, he doesn't go in the oven)...so wonderful. I even bought a pizza stone for my oven, which the guy at Home Chef was so excited about!! Genuinely, too! I half-expected him to offer to come home with me to break in the stone...I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say to that. He was so nice, after all. Anyway, the pizzas turned out very nicely, and Hannah and I got to catch up, which was even nicer than the pizzas. I started to document the project with Chris's digital camera, but that fell by the wayside as the pizzas started coming out of the oven. Yum!

And other good news! I have a phone interview with an editor at Big Internet Company today. I'm not going to get my hopes too far up, but yay! Wish me luck...

On a final note:
Dear Old Lady on the Bus Who Rudely Elbowed Me in the Back to "Help" Me Step Aside Yesterday,
You suck.
love,
Felisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home