Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Friday, December 10, 2004

Care enough to send the very best

Short entry today due to the fact that I'm sick and therefore ditching work a little early. It's been a frustrating day at work, too, lots of random, little things that irk me. I'm especially irritable due to being sick, so the lots of little things formed a pile that proved too formidable for me. Solution? Run away, of course.

Over the past few days, we've received a plethora of gifts from Chris's parents. I personally received a postcard telling me that they gave me a National Geographic membership which entitles me to a one-year subscription of the magazine, which I love. Then there's the crate of grapefruits from Harlingen, TX. Delicious, sweet, and just tart enough. It's like a burst of summer in the middle of winter. And finally, the holiday wreath that's now hanging on our front door. I love how the pine scent just floats around the front door. So very Christmas-y.

My parents were never big on care packages. During college, I never received a package unless I specifically requested something. I was always envious of the kids whose parents regularly sent packages with treats, books, and clothes. Even socks or a postcard would've been nice. I plan to inundate my kids with packages. It's just nice to know that someone was thinking about you and put in the effort to show it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home