Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Monday, December 06, 2004

The Gun, brain goop, and curse the cat!

Chris and I had a busy and productive weekend. We finally got around to doing our registry. I'm of two minds about registries. On the one hand, I feel like such a tool doing the registry, because to do so is to expect gifts. Now I've been to enough weddings to know that gifts will be given, regardless, but still, the act of creating a registry is akin to stating "Give me prezzies" and that makes me feel lame. On the other hand, have you ever used a registry scanner, aka "The Gun"? Oh, the heady power…point, scan, BEEEP! I want to make a business of setting up gift registries for other people because then I could scan for a living! BEEEEEP!! Oh, and word to the wise: it's not smart to do your wedding registry on a Saturday afternoon during the height of holiday shopping. It's actually incredibly dumb.

I've recently developed an inability to say anything in the face of danger. Instead of a helpful "STOP!" or "Watch out!" I kind of grunt or moan and point ineffectually. Chris was driving the other day when a car almost swerved into us and all I could do was gasp and close my eyes. And yesterday, I was waiting at a crosswalk downtown and a couple of the people waiting with me started walking when we got the green walking man signal, despite the fact that a taxi was about to come careening through the crosswalk. I only managed to flap my hands a little and make a low "unnnnhhhh" kind of sound. Luckily for them, someone else yelped, "Wait!" When did my brain devolve to a pre-verbal state to respond to danger?

I'm beginning to hate Carlo again. He's taken to scratching at our bedroom door and yowling in the mornings. At first, he only did it after hearing our alarm clock ring. But then it started getting earlier…and earlier. This morning, he started at 5:30a.m. And it's not a polite knock on the door and "Hello?" It's more like he's trying to dig to China, starting with our door, and the yowling, oh god, the yowling! If only he came with a mute button....

Daily blogging starts tomorrow. Here's hoping for the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home