Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Friday, December 03, 2004

Silly me, what have I done?

Uh...I'm going to go ahead and blame this on Shannon (hi!). At lunch today, she mentioned having signed up for Holidailies, which is a portal to personal sites whose authors have pledged to update everyday for a month. This year it's running from December 7 to January 6. In a fit of madness, I got all excited and went ahead and signed myself up. And then thought about my workload...and wedding planning...and my after-New Year business trip to Vegas...and uh...yeah. So starting December 7, I'll be updating (close to) everyday. Let's see how quickly my writing degenerates into the equivalent of dead-eyed drooling.

Moving on...
I have one of those brains that remembers faces really well, but not the names or places associated with them. So it's not uncommon for me to be on the bus or in a restaurant and realize that I know the person across the room. Until I figure out how I know the person, I'm all distracted because it just bugs the crap out of me. It's always difficult when it's someone who just rides the same bus you do or frequent the same downtown coffee shop, because you don't have the context of actual interaction. A few weeks ago, Chris and I were out at a bar and I turned around and made fleeting eye contact with a girl standing about 8 feet away. Instantly, I knew that I knew her from somewhere, and not only that, but I HATED her. It's very disconcerting to see someone and instantly despise her, for no good reason. It all made me feel bitchy because I realized she was probably just some girl who was out at a bar or restaurant minding her own damn business, but whose demeanor and/or actions rubbed me the wrong way--and I fixated on it...and burned her face into my mind...and hated her. I still haven't figured out who she is. Yesterday, a similar thing happened: I was waiting to cross the street and saw a guy standing there. Again, totally recognized him but couldn't place him...and yet knew that I was very very attracted to him and that I have a history of being attracted to him, and not just physically. So weird.

At the gym yesterday, I was watching Snoop's "Drop It Like It's Hot" video. Man, that shit cracks me up. Something about the way he dances makes me laugh out loud. Between that and the random tongue clucking (I don't get it), I love that video.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Re: Holidalies, it's all your fault. I've signed up too :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home