Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Rub-a-dub-dub

So I was watching the Tyra Banks show last night (hey, don’t judge! I know the kind of crap you watch)(and besides, all the shows I watch have already aired their season/series finales, so I don't have a lot to choose from)(not that I'm defensive)(anyway), and they were covering fact/fiction about germs and how to deal with germiness. One of the things that the bathroom health expert mentioned is that you should spend about 20 seconds washing your hands after using the bathroom. I just tried that and god, 20 seconds is a really long time! I was standing there counting "one-Mississippi, two-Mississippi" (silently) to myself and I started to feel a little self-conscious, because women were coming in, peeing, washing their hands, and leaving—all in the time I spent just rubbing my hands together. So now, I'm not only worried about picking up icky germs in the bathroom, but I also have to worry about the other women at work making Howard Hughes references about me!

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Wow, 20 seconds really is a very long time. I couldn't believe it until I saw this: http://www.cdc.gov/cleanhands/.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home