Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Waiting

Wow, has it really been that long since I last posted? I just finished my first week of maternity leave (no baby yet...her official due date is October 26) and what I've learned is that while I am very good at wasting time when I have a lot on my to-do list, I am very bad at relaxing and doing nothing when I don't have a to-do list to fret about. I end up fretting about, well, not having anything to do. How stupid am I? Actually, I do have a to-do list, but everything on it is contingent on us getting the drywall repaired in the baby's room. We've known for a while that we needed some electrical work done in the hallway outside the baby's room and we've been dragging our feet. What we didn't know is that that work required pulling power from the baby's room, which required cutting holes in the walls of her room, which we'd already painted. So now the electrical work is done, but the holes are still there. This will be remedied on Monday, so starting Tuesday, I'll be free to nest and fret to my heart's desire.

Actually, she'll be sleeping in our room for at least the first month probably, so even if she were to arrive before the work is all done, it would be okay. Just not ideal. I've finished pre-washing all her tiny clothes and linens, we have 80 cloth diapers ready to be pooped on, and our freezer is stocked with food. So now, it's just waiting. I am not good at waiting, especially when what I'm waiting for is so exciting. Chris said he jumps a little every time I call him at work, so I've taken to starting every call with, "I'm not in labor!" instead of "Hi!"

I just need to take a moment here to state the obvious: baby clothes are so freaking tiny! I can't get over it. The socks are especially adorable. I can't believe she'll be so small.

Okay, back to waiting.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger Rita said...

Good grief. You're going to have a baby.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger O2 Family said...

For the love of pete. I have tried to reply three times but technology is against me!! Add this to your to do list, E Mail Me!! I would love to get in touch with you, I am so excited for you guys. And ask me anything about cloth diapers, three years and two kids later I am a damn expert!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home