Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Friday, July 09, 2004

Brain candy

Y'all, I just had to come to a screeching halt in the middle of my busy day to post this: the Jelly Belly company individually wraps their jelly beans. Who knew? And why?! Chris just got a huge FedEx package that I felt I had to open because the box was stamped all over with "Perishable." (Is it odd that my first thought was, "Did they send us a kitten?") His soon-to-be employer sent a "good luck on the bar exam" gift basket with cheese, crackers, Snapple iced tea, candy, candy, more candy (are you getting the caffeine and sugar theme?) and of all things, INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED JELLY BELLIES. This forces me to wonder if it's someone's job (or many someones' jobs) to hand wrap the tiny treat? Or did some genius decide that what the candy technology industry needs is a machine that is capable of the delicate work required to wrap a wee sheet of plastic around a wee piece of candy without crushing it? And really, who eats ONE Jelly Belly? Who? Is there even a need for the separation of jelly beans? Does anyone carry around a single jelly bean in her purse for those sugar emergencies? "Whoo! All this shopping is really exhausting. I need to carbo-load. Good thing I have this ONE. FREAKIN'. JELLY BEAN." Pictures later...I have stuff to do and this candy phenomenon has driven my train right off its tracks.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Contemplations of a Woman said...

Hi, My name is Stephanie (my blog- masked_Deity) I noticed you live in San Fransico..I am considering moving out there ..how is it ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home