Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Unfinished post

A couple of quick notes before I get to my main post today:

1. You know what I said about the difference between the people on different bus lines? That was reinforced today when I took the 1 express home from downtown. When I got to the stop, the people were standing in line. In a nice, orderly, single-file line. That made a U-turn when it got too long. And then when the bus came, everyone filed on in the same order. In an orderly, quiet fashion. What the...? I'm so used to the mob at the 38 bus stop. Everyone just mills about doing their thing, and when the bus comes, it's every man for himself. And watch out for the little old ladies with canes! They'd take your kneecaps out if they thought it'd get them on the bus before you! I just hope that if I'm ever in a burning building, it would be with the people on the 1 bus.

2. Someone at work has Salt'n'Pepa's "Push It" as his cell ring tone and it goes off at least a couple of times a day. Normally, that would annoy me, but I really like that song, so I totally don't mind. It came out when I was in junior high and I totally remember shaking my ass to it. I think part of the reason I liked it so much was because it was about s-e-x and when you're 13, everything that hints at sex is thrilling. It's the kind of thing you had to whisper about and that only made all the more compelling. But apparently, the thrill hasn't worn off. I still love that song and my ass starts to shake of its own accord whenever I hear it. Which can be really embarassing at work.

Okay, no time to get to my main point today. Ha-ha! You shall have to wait. I'm off to meet a crew of 9th Circuit judicial clerks for drinks. And it's not as random as it sounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home