Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Monday, November 01, 2004

PSA

Everyone's saying it, but it's worth repeating: GO VOTE. And if you think the poll workers are fucking with you or your ballot, call 1-866-OUR-VOTE. It's a non-partisan Election Protection Hotline, and they have a cadre of lawyers at the ready to help you should you need it. I won't lie and say that I don't care who you vote for. Of course I care. I want you to vote for my guy. But regardless, you should vote, even if it is for that other one.

I haven't decided whether I'm going to watch the returns tomorrow night. My instinct is to bury my head in the sand, ostrich-like, and check in before I go to bed to see if there's a clear-cut winner. I don't know if I can handle the back-and-forth "Kerry's ahead...no wait! Bush is ahead!" that the pre-election polls are predicting. I know how heart-wrenching the 2000 election was for so many people. I just figure I can't do anything more than cast my own ballot--why torture myself by watching it?

And now I have to go look at the kajillion propositions on the California ballot. I'm taking a cheatsheet with me because there's no way I'll remember all of them.

No wait, first I need to go break up a catfight. Vinny seems to have a solid mouthhold on Carlo's neck and Carlo is bunny-kicking Vinny's face. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home