Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Monday, October 25, 2004

Weekend update

Chris and I had a good, mellow weekend, full of good food, funny coincidences, and scrumptious desserts. We went to a dessert party Saturday night, where Mae and I ran into someone we went to college with. I won't recount the convoluted connections that led to us all being there, but suffice to say, a visual aid is necessary. I also tasted the most amazing cake EVER at that party: Italian wedding cake. Is this an actual thing? Like, if I said, "Italian wedding cake" in Italy, would they know which particular cake I was talking about? Because I never want to be without it again! I asked the host if he'd ever consider making a wedding cake for, you know, a wedding, but sadly, he demurred, citing the pressure of it all. I'm a sad, sad bride. But the same host also lent me his videotape with the last episode of "Lost," so I can't be too upset with him.

Speaking of "Lost," still good, still perplexing, and I'm always tense on Wednesday nights now.

Speaking of being lost, still no computer, though things are looking up. The nice tech guy from the company that ate my computer was really helpful and got all the documents we need off the machine. And, speaking of coincidence, the PR rep who helped me is really good friends with one of our friends! Itty bitty world. Walls collapsing.

Vinny and Carlo are BFF now, in a very feline way. Wouldn't it be weird if we attacked and bit our best friends when we felt playful? Or sniffed their butts? Vinny has changed in one way that I don't like since we brought Carlo home. I used to like to pick him up and bury my nose in the thick ruff of fur around his neck, inhale deeply, and tell him that he smells good. The other day, I did just that…and came away with a noseful of sour fishiness! Vinny's neck stinks now! And, I realized, it's Carlo's fault. He likes to bite Vin on the neck and hang on for the ride, leaving his stinky fish-breath behind as a calling card. Pee-yew! No more nuzzling Vinny's neck.

As I sit here at work, I can hear the raucous party that's going on three floors down. Our building has this strange architecture I won't try to explain, but I can hear everything that happens in our lobby. One of our…subsidiaries? sections? areas? I don't really understand corporate structures...is having a blow-out party for some reason. A rep from that floor was nice enough to e-mail the rest of us to tell us about it…and also to tell us that we're not invited. Niiiice. From where I sit, I can hear the mariachi music and the laughing and the fizzing of the champagne…maybe if I make sad doggy-eyes at them, they'll give me some wine. Or maybe I'll just knock some heads together on my way out. That'll teach them to flaunt their party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home