Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Monday, December 13, 2004

Birthday bash

I know it looks like I've already bailed on the Holidailies thing, but I haven't, and I have a really good reason for not updating over the weekend. Friday marked the 30th birthday of one of my closest friends and some other friends and I were planning a secret, surprise trip to L.A. to celebrate (she lives in Houston). Obviously, blogging about the weekend would've been a dumb move and we were too busy during the weekend for me to blog.

But the weekend was a smashing success. She had no idea it was happening. Big kudos to her fiancé for managing to keep it a secret via a tangled web of lies, deceit, and red herring statements. Ah, the things we do for the ones we love. The best part is that the whole "reveal" was caught on videotape: the walkie-talkies, chatter about the "package" dropping, screams of shock and joy, tears and hugs…it was awesome.

We ate our way through the valley and Sunset Blvd., had the most amazing massages, found potential wedding dresses (!), barbequed, hot tubbed (and overflowed and shorted out the hot tub), hung out at a swank L.A. bar/club, watched "Elf" (and sang "Baby It's Cold Outside all weekend, in 80 degree weather), and bought a Star Map and checked out the walls in front of the homes of the Pitts, Madonna, Hugh Hefner, and the Osbournes. They all had very nice walls and security cameras.

Good job everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home