Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Countin' down till crazy

Any bit of sanity I had left concerning Carlo is out the window. He discovered jumping over the weekend, more specifically, jumping up. Until a few days ago, the kitchen table, the low bookshelves, and the kitchen counters were just strange lands to him. He's a smallish cat, but I think he's always been capable of jumping that high—he just didn't know it. And I was fine with that. Being not that bright, it never seemed to occur to him to try, even though Vinny jumps up all the time. Again, I have no issues with that situation. But over the weekend, something changed, and suddenly, he is everywhere. Hopping across the (unlit) stove, prowling in the sink, shoving his head into sticky, unwashed glasses…I feel my blood pressure rising already. I'm afraid of what I'll find when I get home tonight.

Chris and I recently set up a wedding webpage through one of those free wedding portals. There's a little counter at the top that counts down the days until the wedding: 103 days, 102 days, 101 days…. I know it's supposed to be helpful, but it's driving me crazy. I think it's mocking me. "Only 100 days left and you have ALL THAT left to do?! Are you MAD?!" Why yes, crazy-crazy mad-mad, in fact. And the damn counter is NOT helping! I'm at the point where I want someone to tell me where to be and when, and I'll just happily be led around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home