Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Monday, July 17, 2006

Ah, nuts!

We're back from vacation (waaahhh!) and there's so much to tell, but you'll have to wait, because jet lag has me in a head lock. But I will tell you this: I had to call Southwest Airlines' customer service today, and instead of hold music, they play a series of peppy commercials and messages. I was on hold for about 5 minutes, and about 20 seconds in, I started tuning it out and checking my email. Suddenly, I was jolted out of my reverie when I heard a cheery woman chant, "Penis, penis, penis!!" What the...? It took me a few seconds, but I finally realized she had said, "Peanuts, peanuts, peanuts!" and I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. I like the idea of them throwing in random dirty words, just to see if anyone is actually listening.

2 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Blogger Eat the Love said...

we often bandy the word PENIS PENIS PENIS around the office... and in truth it just becomes part of the soundtrack of everyday life - so much so that you don't even hear it....

thus i probably wouldn't have heard either penis or peanuts on the hold recording....

Welcome BACK! we must play KILLER BUNNIES soon!!!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Rita said...

Too funny!!

Once, I was on hold for Southwest and zoning out during the commercials, when I could have sworn the peppy voice suddenly said, "Hi. Thanks for holding. If you're tired of waiting, why not try hanging up and calling us again? Your wait will be even longer!"

I wasn't sure . . . but I was pretty sure. But, though I had to hold for quite a while longer (and they looped all their other commercials over and over), I didn't hear that one again.

They got me to listen, though. ;P

r

(I'm so sure they did the "peanuts! peanuts! peanuts!" thing on purpose!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home