Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Thursday, December 07, 2006

A great loss

I'm guessing you've been following the story, but we lost one of our own yesterday. My co-worker, James Kim, died trying to save his family as they were stranded in the Oregon wilderness. Everything that's been said about him is true: he was kind, intelligent, curious, devoted to both family and work (family first, though!), and just an all-around excellent human being. James and I weren't exactly friends, but we were friendly, and I miss him. I'm heartbroken for his wife and daughters--the thought of losing a partner and dad is crushing.

You can see excellent tributes here, here, and here (video).

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Sheree said...

ohhhh... you knew him.... absolutely heartbreaking

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Rita said...

This is utterly heartbreaking.

I'm devastated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home