Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Newly poor

So! We signed our loan documents today and the process wasn't nearly as bad as I'd imagined (based on what other people have said about it). The bad part was writing the check for the balance on the down payment: OUCH. I could barely fit the spelled-out amount on the check. Afterward, Chris and I went out for lunch to celebrate. In keeping with our newly depleted checking account, we shared a fine meal of pizza slices from Escape from N.Y. Pizza. I think I'm still in shock over how much cash we just put down. It's...yeah. Good thing we both like PB&J and ramen.

And now we wait for the checks to clear. I think we get the keys on Wednesday!

3 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Superha said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It's a huge deal to buy your first house. We're so happy for you. :) I assume your cats will be moving with you, huh? You know me, lover of cats...

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Julie said...

w00t! go home ownership! congrats! post pictures when you get a chance! :D

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Mae said...

WOO HOO!!!! Can't wait to break in the guest room! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home