Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Too close for comfort

I'm lucky at work, in that I have a cubicle next to a window. I revel in the natural light, because in my old cube, I had to live by the pallid glow from the overhead fluorescent tubes. The odd part, though, is that I can look directly into the windows of the high-end condo building next door. For the longest time, I was waiting to see something untoward through those windows (floor to ceiling!), but over time, I realized that it was a show unit. But while we were away on vacation, someone moved in! Now, instead of seeing the sterile perfection of the show bedroom, I can look over and see a pile of laundry on the floor and the rumpled sheets on the bed. Seriously, the gap is narrow enough that I can see the stack of games they keep on the top shelf of the den closet: Life, Yahtzee, Operation, and some others whose names I can't make out. The buildings are close enough and the windows line up so well that if I had any skill with throwing a baseball, I could probably lob one right through the window. What boggles the mind is how they haven't put up curtains! I mean, their bed is eye-level for me! Floor to ceiling windows! It's...weird. I think I made eye-contact with one of the residents today, too. And now that I have the opportunity to see something titillating, I really don't want to. Please, neighbors, buy some curtains! I really don't want to close my blinds and sacrifice my natural light! And yes, I just saw you scratch your ass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home