Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sssssnakes!

We went to see "Snakes on a Plane" yesterday! It was, well, as one of my co-workers put it, it was "awfsome." So bad, and yet, so great. Mostly, it was great because of the audience. Make no mistake, this is a BAD BAD movie. Awful. If you find yourself saying, "That makes NO sense," just stop. Stop thinking and go with it.

Irvin had the brilliant idea to print 100 sheets of paper with images of snakes and instructions for folding paper airplanes. As we sat in line, we started, and soon, the pages spread (snaked?) down the line and in the theater, paper airlines and tortillas (?) were zinging around the room. And I heard not a word of the previews for all the "SNAKES!!!" and "ssssss" going around the room. For that matter, I think I only heard about half of the movie's dialogue because of the laughing and catcalling. But honestly, I don't think I missed anything.

The movie was FAR gorier than I expected: seriously gross. I spent a lot of the attack sequences hiding behind my jacket, as the sound effects provided enough clue as to what was happening onscreen (very squishy). But the big surprise was seeing one of Chris's college buddies on the screen! He had a small, but pivotal role. Though he only spoke two or three words, he was one of the guys who helped get the snakes ON the plane! He's been acting professionally since before Chris met him, but we had no idea he was part of this phenomenon. And I don't know why. In his shoes, I'd be telling EVERYONE I know. "I'm in 'Snakes on a Plane!' I PUT the snakes on the plane!"

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Rita said...

"Awfsome" = hilarious!!

Images of snakes to fold into paper airplanes, distributed to the crowd = GENIUS!!

Our crowd:
"Give me an 'S!'" --"S!" --"Give me another 'S!'" --"S!" --"Give me another 'S!'" --"S!" --"What's that spell?" --"Ssss!!"

Way more gruesome than I can normally handle. But your coworker is right.

Awfsome!

r

 

Post a Comment

<< Home