Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Friday, July 16, 2004

Holy shit!

I was browsing at the video store today when I came across this: Hell House (2001). Chris looked it up at ReligiousTolerance.org and found not only hell houses, but judgement houses and revelation walks as well. Maybe it's because I've hidden away in this happy liberal enclave, but I had no clue these things existed. And yet, I'm not entirely surprised. I didn't end up renting the film, and not because the movie itself seemed scary (I'm such a wuss when it comes to scary movies), but because real live people who do shit like this? Scare me even more.

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Julie said...

I've also seen pictures of Buddhist "hell houses" (can't remember what they're really called) in Japan. You walk through and see dioramas of the various types of suffering people are dealt based on the sins they committed in this life. They're more comical than scary though, like a 4th grade arts 'n crafts project gone mad.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Felisa said...

Ooh! Like a life-size diorama? I miss making dioramas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home