Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Observations from the weekend

I had a fun- and friend-filled weekend. Annie and Scott were in town from Austin, Paul was in town from Portland, and John had Part I of his birthday celebration. The weekend was full of lessons and/or realizations. Such as:

1. I really really really like people who have a scatological sense of humor. If you can talk about poo without embarassment, you get a thumbs-up from me. Good choice in husbands, Annie!
2. The waitstaff at La Rondalla seem to be unclear about the "service" part of "service industry." Making people wait nearly an hour after telling them 20 minutes, and then saying, "Oh, I forgot about you!" is not a good way to make friends. Or good tippers.
3. People who go to really really tasty Mexican restaurants and order salads for dinner? Should be shot.
4. I wouldn't necessarily advise downing a couple of strong margaritas with salt after a hearty workout and before rehydrating, but it can be a good time.
5. Pubic afros are fall-to-the-ground funny.
6. The cat is, um...stupid. After spending the enTIRE weekend in an ongoing state of cardiac arrest because of Paul's presence, Vinny decides, on the night before Paul leaves, that he's not such a bad guy after all. To the point of flopping on his back and offering his soft fluffy belly for caresses. Of course, the very next morning, Vinny has forgotten his newfound love for Paul and nearly brains himself in his mad dash for under-bed safety.
7. The cat is a sweetie. He snuggled between me and Chris for an afternoon nap today, his furry back against my belly and his paws against Chris's belly...and proceeded to stink up the bed with his assy cat farts.
8. Lemon cake with lemon curd makes the hurt go away.
9. The Amazing Race also makes the hurt go away. Sort of. Actually, it makes me want to hurt certain people. A lot.
10. I've received confirmation that wedding planning is, indeed, a freakin' nightmare. But that I should enjoy it, too!

Oh, almost forgot: the interview went well, though that, too, has a story. I'll save that for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home