Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Working in Vegas

So clearly, I failed to post an entry everyday, especially towards the end there. But I have a decent excuse for petering out: I was in Las Vegas for work, covering the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Interestingly enough, the Adult Entertainment Convention (or somesuch) was also going on at the same time. Coincidence? I think not. After all, the vast majority of CES attendees are middle-aged men who work in the computer industry.

I discovered, though, that within the realm of techno-geeks exists various sub-realms. One entire hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center held the auto tech category. Actually, the term "tech" is used loosely there. The "Pimp My Ride" guys had a booth, so the show encompassed body work companies and the like. The stereo guys, apparently, were the real dick-show, in the sense that they're not even into getting amazing stereo sound into your car anymore. They have a contest for who can create the LOUDEST sound (bass)...but this sound is the kind that leaves your insides liquified and your knees buckling. Even the booth babes in this section are of a different caliber. Throughout the rest of the show, booth babes abounded (and bounced). A lot of them were pretty, hot even, in their skimpy outfits and shampoo commercial hair. But the auto tech booth babes...I think some of the Adult Entertainment Convention folks were doing double-duty. Not that I'm surprised, though, because have you seen those car magazines?

I'm glad to be back, not the least because we were staying at the Stardust Hotel, which...ick. It's still raining here. I'm going to start collecting scrap wood today for my ark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home