Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Sunday, April 20, 2008

10 fingers and 10 toes



The doctors tell me that's my baby. And I say, "Sure, that's my baby. But how do you know it's human and not an alien?" But you know, they're OBs and they do this all the time, so I will trust them, for now. At least it's not a pterodactyl like I'd feared. Giving birth to something squawky with a beak and wings is a terrifying prospect. Chris and I are going to keep calling it Ptery, instead of just "it," at least until we know the gender.

The OB resident who did my last ultrasound counted 10 fingers and 10 toes (specifically, 5 fingers on each hand and 5 fingers on each foot), showed me the nose, legs, and a fluttery little heartbeat. It's pretty damn cool.

We're due toward the end of October, so who knows, we may end up giving birth to a little ghost or goblin.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Blogger Hannah Mae said...

You know, when I saw the title of this post in my blog aggregator, the first thought in my head was that email conversation from last year about the modern liberated family's dilemmas in last-naming the kids and I thought hey, wait a minute, I wonder if Fel is - nah, I bet it's some kind of meme thing where she has to name like ten things in her pockets and then ten favorite foods and holy crap it is not! Not a meme at all! (I mean, having babies is pretty popular, but you can't... tag other people to have them. That's the difference.) HOLY CRAP CONGRATULATIONS!

And your kid is going to get like eight pterodactyl sleepers at its baby shower, you know.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Congrats (again)!!! :)

Re: Halloween, babies look sooo cute dressed in black.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Superha said...

when bloglines told me that there was a new post from "silly me, what was i thinking?," i thought, "really? maybe it's big news." then, i saw the ultrasound photo and it made me smile. i am beyond happy for you guys and the wonderful journey that awaits you... even if it is with an alien.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Rita said...

HA! Hannah's idea of a baby meme cracks me up!

We're pregnant! We're pregant! And by "we," I mean you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home