Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

...Gotta have faith

Hee...I'm all goofy and stupid right now because Oprah made my day: she had George Michael on the show. Hee...heh. (I'm giggling to myself as I write this.) Yeah, so he's making his big comeback with a new album ("Patience") and everything, and I guess this was his first American interview. Um, so at the risk of sounding like a total geek, I think he's pretty cool. He was pretty endearing on the show, kind of shy and sweet, and I kept going "Awww..." out loud because every time he mentioned his boyfriend, Kenny (who was sitting in the front row), he'd look over at him and smile this dorky, goofy grin. He sang a song from his new album, as well as "Faith" and "Father Figure." The best part was when, during a musical interlude in "Father Figure," he started swaying his upraised arms from side to side, and said, "Let's get cheesy." (And yeah, I sang along. Heh.) He pretty much looks the same, except for the new salt and pepper in his beard, and he sounds great.

At a fade out into commercial, they played a snippet of his "I Want Your Sex" video, and I had a visceral flashback to those times one of my parents would walk into the room as the song was on the radio. I'd kind of freeze in embarassment, but try to remain outwardly casual, and just hope and pray they couldn't make out what the song was saying. I'd get all chatty and loud, trying to drown out the lyrics. Hee...junior high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home