Silly me, what was I thinking?

Random musings that Chris and the cats don't want to hear anymore...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Boobs and butts and guts, oh my!

Man, my stomach hurts. It's like…gas, but not any that's moving. It's just sort of hanging out, hurting the hell out of me. I'm all hunched over and quietly groaning to myself. I know you don't come here to learn about the state of my gastro-intestinal system, but ow. A few years ago, I diagnosed myself with IBS, or irritable bowel syndrome. I never went to the doctor about it, because the pains and problems would come and go and never hang out long enough for me to get to a doctor. But I figured out my triggers, and for the past year or so, I've been mostly okay, but once in a while, the pains and discomforts come raging back. Today is one of those days. Ow.

Chris and I had an excellent Saturday (he had to work on Sunday, so no excellence there). Our wedding photographer was in the Bay Area for a workshop, so she suggested we do part of our engagement session up here. We got to take some pictures at our old place, a beautiful and grand Victorian house, as well as the coffeehouse where we had our first date and Baker Beach, with the Marin Headlands and the Golden Gate Bridge as our backdrop. Awesome.

Before the shoot, I was nervous about being in front of the camera. When someone points a camera at me, my first instinct is to dive under the nearest piece of furniture. But Arlene has a great demeanor and totally made us feel comfortable, even as we were doing cheesy things like touch noses or foreheads, gaze into each other's eyes, and run on the beach while holding hands. Yeah, stop laughing. We totally did that. And felt royally stupid the whole time. As we were running away from her, I kept thinking, "She's taking a picture of my ass! This is so wrong!" And then she had us turn around and run toward her, which was even worse, because I couldn't stop laughing even as I was thinking, "My face! It's bouncing! And oh god! My boobs! Are out! Of control!" Man, so unattractive. I don't think we'll be keeping those.

But overall, we had a ton of fun at the shoot. We're doing the rest of it down in L.A. I'm going to have to put the kibosh on the running, and maybe dial it down on the shmoopy faces.

That night, Chris and I went to the ballet, which, yay! I love the ballet. We saw three pieces—two modern and one uber-classical piece, after which the ever-classy Chris turned to me and said, "WHY do the men's tights have to be SO FAR up their BUTTS?" Yep, that's my guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home